Welcome to 2nds Magazine!
Coming Soon: Issue #1
Seconds Magazine is currently seeking Fantasy, Science Fiction, Horror and Literary/Mainstream Short Fiction (up to 4,000 words) that has been previously published.
Note: We are currently testing out Submittable as our submission platform. Submissions may be uploaded at http://2ndsmagazine.submittable.com/submit Until we are satisfied with this platform, you may also continue to submit your work in the regular method as described below.
- Submissions are not made available to the public.
- We do not accept work that has not been previously published.
- We do not accept work that has been self published only.
- We do not accept work that has been published online only.
- Include the previous publication in which the work appeared, including the name of the publication and the issue, when appropriate. Works that can not be verified in a timely manner will not be accepted.
- All works must be your own creations. No fan fiction/shared world submissions.
- All works must be submitted in English.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable.
- Multiple submissions of different works are acceptable. Each work must be submitted individually.
- Multiple submissions of the same work in one or more categories are not allowed.
- Format your work as you would have it appear to readers.
- Acceptance/Rejection time: 1 month – 1 year, depending on when it comes in.
How to Submit Your Work
To submit your work for consideration in Seconds Magazine, you must register. Once you have registered and logged in, a submission form will appear in the right-hand column. Copy and paste the appropriate information into the field. Be sure there is a separation between all paragraphs. See Sample Submission
Note: We are currently testing out Submittable as our submission platform. Submissions may be uploaded at http://2ndsmagazine.submittable.com/submit Until we are satisfied with this platform, you may also continue to submit your work in the regular method.
- Be sure to accurately edit your work before submitting it, as you will not have the opportunity to edit it once it has been submitted.
- Include your word count.
- Include the name of the publication in which the work submitted has previously appeared, including the issue if appropriate.
- Do not include a Cover Letter.
- Be sure to format your work accordingly.
- Be sure to include the appropriate tags for your work.
Seconds Magazine can, at this time, only promise a payment of one special contributor’s copy of our magazine in electronic format. Although we may, at our sole discretion, offer additional recompense at any time, any such payment is not guaranteed. Nor does any such payment guarantee future payments. It is my hope and initial goal to generate enough income through special projects and sales of the magazine to be able to offer a guaranteed monetary payment for future volumes.
When you submit your work to Seconds Magazine through SecondsMag.com you agree, should your work be selected for inclusion in Seconds Magazine, to grant Seconds Magazine the right to publish your work in a single issue of Seconds Magazine, in multiple formats. This includes the right to publish the issue in which your work appears both individually and packaged together with other issues.
Single Issue: You grant Seconds Magazine the right to publish your work in one edition or issue of Seconds Magazine.
Multiple Format: You grant Seconds Magazine the right to publish your work (in one issue of Seconds Magazine) in multiple formats for different electronic devices and readers.
Removal From Consideration
To withdraw your story for consideration for an upcoming issue of Seconds Magazine: simply 1) log in, 2) go to your Lounge inbox (“My Inbox”), 3) send a note to Webmaster with the word “withdraw” in the subject line, and 4) a detailed description of the work you would like withdrawn in the body of the eMail. Using the site eMail helps us ensure that the one who posted the story is requesting its removal.